Introducing Badgecreatr, a package to create and place badges in your readme.Rmd file on Github.
Badgecreatr will create the following badges (aka shields):
Install the package with
How do you use badgecreatr?
Badgecreatr has one main function:
The most simple command is:
badgecreatr::badgeplacer( githubaccount = "yourgithubname",githubrepo = "yourpackagename", branch = "master")
If your project is in its infancy and you don’t want people to use it yet:
badgecreatr::badgeplacer(status = "wip" , githubaccount = "yourgithubname",githubrepo = "yourpackagename") which will give it the status ‘Work in Progress’.
Repostatus gives you seven project statuses; Concept, WIP, Suspended, Abandoned, Active, Inactive, and Unsupported.
Why would you use this package?
When you have started yet another Github based r-package, copied the travis file and created a readme.Rmd file and you want to add these badges. Frankly I was a bit annoyed to copy almost identical markdown to new projects, it seemed right for automation.
Why would I not use this package?
- you don’t create a r-package
- you don’t want to create badges
- you don’t use Github
What does badgecreatr do?
Badgecreatr reads your
readme.Rmd file, reads your
DESCRIPTION file and searches for a
DESCRIPTION file badgecreatr will find:
- package name
- the version number of your package
- the license : GPL-3, GPL-2, MIT, or CC0
- Minimal R version
Badgecreatr will create
- repostatus badge (by default it will give you an active status)
- a licence badge
- If it finds a .travis.yml file:a Travis-CI Build-Status Badge
- If it finds a codecov reference in the .travis.yml file, a Codecov Coverage Status Badge
- a badge to indicate the version of R you are using
- a CRAN status badge (will say ‘not published’ if your package is not on CRAN)
- a package version badge
- a last change badge
If you created badges in your readme before, badgecreatr will skip that badge.
Enjoy. - Roel
- The badges for R version, package version and last change are my invention.
- The last change badge will update every time you re-knit your readme.md file
- If you have suggestions or improvement open an issue or submit a pull request.
- The package on CRAN: https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/badgecreatr/index.html
- The package on Github : https://github.com/RMHogervorst/badgecreatr
- My inspiration: https://github.com/badges/badgerbadgerbadger & http://shields.io/